Select enables a user to select a single item from a list of options.
Selects allow users to select an option from a menu of pre-defined choices. A select is best utilized when there are more than four choices.
- Selects should typically contain four or more items.
- If using a label and helper text, limit the respective text to a single line.
- Sort options in a logical order.
- If possible, set a default option.
- Use a placeholder if a default option doesn’t make sense, such as “Select an option…”